Thursday, August 9, 2012

EZ Iced Coffee

There is nothing like an iced coffee on a summer morning to get your day started. Just feeling that caffeine coursing through my veins and pushing my tired eyes open is worth the price of admission.

I began my journey on a mission trip in Baltimore. I had heard of Iced coffee, but never partook of this elixir of energy. Now, I have been drinking one almost every morning...for medicinal purposes, of course. I tried the expensive version at the coffee shop, but wasn't pleased with neither the taste, nor the price. So, I set out to make my own. There is one proviso. If you are an avid, super strong, brewed coffee drinker, this is probably not for you, unless you look at it as another drink altogether. For me, a reluctant coffee drinker, it is near perfection. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • Instant Coffee
  • Milk (skim or whole, your choice)
  • Sugar (sweetener is what I use)
  • Water
  • Ice
Directions:

  • Pour 4 oz. of water into a small pot and bring to a boil. (Boiling helps the water become taste neutral)
  • Using a 12 oz. mug, measure a HEAPING tbsp. of instant coffee into the cup
  • Add sugar or sweetener to taste (I like 2 packets of sweetener, you can use 2 to 3 tsp. of sugar)
  • Pour in water that was boiled (hot water dissolves ingredients better)
  • Stir
  • Fill the rest of the mug with cold milk
  • Using a large, 20 to 24 oz. glass, fill with appropriate amount of ice (Mine is usually half full with ice and it is 24 oz.)
  • Pour drink over ice
  • Enjoy.
That's all there is to it. In a few minutes, literally, you can have your glass of ice cold coffee and be sipping it in half the time it would take you to stand in a line and pay those exorbitant prices.

Also, if you watch your calories, the substitutes of skim milk and sweetener make a drink that is less than 100 calories, not the 500 or so that the coffee shops make.

Remember, God created all good things for our enjoyment,

Trey Rhodes

1 Timothy 6:17

 

No comments:

Post a Comment